When one comes to Jackson Mississippi, the southern food expectations are at an all time high. Fortunately, Jackson exceeds those expectations. Surrounding the Fairview Inn there are countless places to indulge yourself in a delicious meal, from seafood to soul food, we have you covered with the top 5 most delicious restaurants to eat at around the Fairview Inn.
- First up we have the Library Lounge. The Library is attached to the Fairview Inn and previously was used as a craft cocktail bar only, it now serves as the Inn’s restaurant as well. Start with a small plate of sautéed, cajun BBQ gulf shrimp and move on to an entrée of rainbow trout – stuffed with lump crabmeat, a side of wild rice, sautéed swiss chard, drizzled with a citrus butter sauce. The Library has many delicious dishes to offer as well as wonderful craft cocktails named after famous authors from the past. Open from 4-11pm Mon-Sat.
- Number two on our trail to the most delicious dishes in Jackson is Cultivation Food Hall. This food hall brings the tradition of European food halls to America whilst offering many different options in one location. From New Orleans soul food (Roux – Taste of New Orleans) to Indian street food (Kati King – Indian street food) Cultivation offers many different flavors to indulge in. There is also a built in bar that offers cocktails and beer! Located in the Eastover District, 8 minutes from the Fairview. Open 11 am- 10pm Mon-Sat!
- Up next we have the original farm to table restaurant in Jackson, the Farmers Market Café! Located downtown and only open on Saturdays 8am-1pm this spot is worth the wait. The café is in the farmers market and brings Mississippi veggie and fruit production to one central location. While you’re there, check out the booths of local craftsmen!
- Aplos Mediterranean is up next on our adventure to delicious cuisine! Aplos is located about 10 minutes away from the Fairview Inn and is a local treasure, serving food that originated from Italy, Greece, and the Middle East. Their diverse menu offers pizza, gyros, salads, and even stuffed grape leaves! It offers a family and children friendly atmosphere. Open everyday, 11 am- 8 pm.
- The last stop on our delicious cuisine adventure is Walkers Drive in! Located in the Fondren district and about a 4 minute drive away from the Fairview, Walker’s offers a selection of seafood, steak, and so much more. The atmosphere is casual while also feeling luxurious. Open Tues-Sat 11am-2 pm and 5:30-9:30.