As summer simmers into fall, Jackson has many events planned in and around the city. If you are a tourist coming in for the weekend or a local looking for something to do, we’ve got ya covered!
- Every Tuesday night at our Library Lounge we host Trivia Night. The night is always full of laughs, snacks, and beer. Every week trivia is based around a different topic and allows for locals to meet each other and hangout in a relaxed atmosphere. Come play Tuesday nights starting at 7 pm!
2. This Saturday 9/25 Urban Foxes (a local yummy coffee shop) will be hosting Whole Hog Roast Benefit at 11 am. This event will be offering bbq plates to raise money for St. Jude!
3. TechJXN will be held September 23-25th. This event spotlights the four major sectors of the economy in Jackson – creativity, healthcare, technology, and education. Perfect for locals to attend! This event has a lot to offer as they will have many speakers that are well versed in these four topics as well as an indie music fest, a college fair, professional development workshops, and two career fairs! http://techjacksonms.com/index.php/recordings/
4. Capital City Pride will be a weekend long event during October 1-3. Ecoshed will be hosting the kick-off Gala on October 1, 6-8 (must have a ticket to attend). The Main event will be held at Smith Wills Stadium on October 2nd 10-7 (this event is free to attend). http://mscapitalcitypride.org/
5. Little Shop of Horrors – (October 5-17) New Stage Theatre
One of the most popular shows worldwide! http://newstagetheatre.com/
6. Pumpkin Adventure – its almost that time of year again! October 6-9, 13-16 and 20-23 The Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Museum will host a pumpkin patch along with a hay ride and a snack stop! http://msagmuseum.org/
Stay tuned for upcoming events in Jackson