Autumn means pumpkin picking time! Whether you want to stay close to home or drive a little farther, you will be sure to find a pumpkin patch experience that is just right for you and your family.
- Location: Collins, MS (1 hour and 20 minutes from Jackson)
- Hours: Thursday – Saturday: 9am – 6pm, Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
- Admission: $12 per person for ages 2 and up; includes a wagon ride tour of the farm, a maze, and a pumpkin
Make it a day trip and venture out to Mitchell Farms, known as one of the best pumpkin patches in the area. Take advantage of wagon ride tours, a 6-acre corn maze, an animal barn, a sand mountain, other various play areas, and of course, a pumpkin patch.
- Location: Flora, MS (40 minutes from Jackson)
- Hours: Saturday: 9am – 5pm, Sunday: 1pm – 5pm; throughout October
- Admission: $10 per person; includes a small pumpkin and hayride
If you want to stay a little closer to home, try Lowery Family Farm Pumpkin Patch. Meet farm animals, take a hayride, and go home with a pumpkin on this family-owned property.
- Location: Florence, MS (30 minutes from Jackson)
- Hours: Saturday: 8:30am – 6pm, Sunday: 12pm – 6pm; September 26 – October 31
- Admission: $5 per adult, $10 per child, free for children under age 2
The newest pumpkin addition to the greater Jackson area has been a hit so far! Normally an event venue, it has been transformed into an autumn paradise complete with a pumpkin patch, petting zoo, hayrides, a barrel train, several different bounce houses, and more.
- Location: Brandon, MS (35 minutes from Jackson)
- Hours: Monday – Sunday: 10am – 6pm
- Admission: $12.15 per person, free for children aged 2 and under; includes drive-through safari and petting zoo walking trail
While they had to forgo some of their usual setup due to the pandemic, McClain Lodge still has a pumpkin setup ripe for taking photos, and you can buy a pumpkin to take home and carve. (Don’t forget to save the seeds!) Plus, take your kids in costume on Halloween day and they can go to the safari for free and get to trick-or-treat around the park.
- Location: Jackson, MS
- Hours: Monday – Friday: 9am – 12pm, Saturday: 9am – 3pm; October 7 – 10, 14 – 17, 21 – 24
- Admission: $8 per person for ages 2 and up; includes hayride, milk and cookies, and a pumpkin
This pumpkin extravaganza doesn’t even require a long car ride. Take a hayride around the grounds of the AG Museum, snag a cookie and milk treat, and grab a pumpkin from the patch, all for less than $10. And you even get to explore the rest of the museum while you’re there if you aren’t too tired after the pumpkin adventure.
- Location: Duck Hill, MS (1 hour and 30 minutes from Jackson)
- Hours: Saturday: 10am – 7pm, Sunday: 1pm – 5pm; throughout October and the first weekend of November
- Admission: $10 per person, free for children aged 2 and under; includes access to a corn maze, slide, hayride, animal park, sand mountain, and more; pumpkins, concessions, corn cannon tickets, and face painting are additional costs
Bull Bottom Farms may be a little farther away, but it’s conveniently located just off of Interstate-55. You can create a whole day of fun with a corn maze, farm animals, a hayride, cow train, a magic carpet slide, and a “u-pick” pumpkin patch with every size pumpkin imaginable.
Experience Family-Friendly Charm at the Historic Fairview Inn
After a full day of pumpkin picking, don’t let the adventure end! Our Third Floor Suite features two queen beds and a spacious bathroom with a whirlpool tub, perfect for the whole family. Kids will love exploring the Inn, from the gardens to the decks to all the nooks and crannies of the mansion. Order room service at night from our onsite restaurant, and enjoy an included pancake breakfast in the morning, with plenty of other options for Mom and Dad.