The leaves are falling in Jackson and it is starting feel the slightest bit like fall! We have gathered up the cities Halloween/fall inspired events and put them on the ultimate to-do list! If you’re a local, you should be proud and inspired by our cities movement/growth! If you are visiting the city with soul, well, we hope you enjoy all of the wonderful events and charm that our city has to offer.
- First and foremost we must reveal that our very own Library Lounge sets a wonderful tone for a spooky night. The dim lighting and quiet ambiance paired with craft cocktails inspired by Mississippi authors allows for a perfect time to be had. The Lounge offers Local Tinctures, a fall inspired dinner menu, and delicious dessert options. The Library also hosts trivia every Tuesday night at 7 pm!
2. The 162nd Mississippi State Fair is in full swing! The fair will be in town until the 17th – the rides are sanitized between each ride and hand sanitizing stations are available for use throughout the fair grounds. Masks will be available as well. The fair grounds will be the host for many different events such as shows, concerts, bull riding, pig races, pony rides, and so much more!
3. One of our favorite local coffee shops – Urban Foxes is hosting a vinyl swap! Vinyl’s and other sorts of music memorabilia swap while the smell of their yummy scones and coffee surrounds you! October 16th, 10 am.
4. on October 21st The District at Eastover is hosting a 5k run/walk through Jackson. It will benefit the Catholic Charities Shelter for Battered Families. the Place to register for the 5k is here: Register here
5. The Mississippi Trade Mart will hold an upscale vintage market on October 22-24. The Market will have antiques, home decor, clothes, handmade jewelry, food, and more! vintagemarketdays.com
6. Jackson has a somewhat new space called Ecoshed. It is a mixed-use creatively stimulating space that offers workspace as well as encourages sustainability through urban farming, rainwater recycling, waste recycling, and more helpful tasks. Ecoshed is hosting an event called Nightmare on Mill Street – the nights will be full of fun photo ops, live music, and there will also be a costume contest! Tickets are required for entry and can be found on Ecoshed’s website. the event will be October 29th & 30th.
7. The Harvest Festival at the Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Museum will occur on November 9th-13th. The festival will give locals and visitors a glimpse of Mississippi’s past! msagmuseum.org